Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7: A Day Without

Tonight I wasn't able to make it to class and I was extremely bummed, I even cried a little :( But some things are unavoidable in life. Ella was still sick today and after a whole day at daycare she was running a 102 fever again. So tonight was what I knew could be a reality of the challenge for me: I am a single mom which makes the coordination of getting to class a process everyday, whether Ella is sick or not. Tonight my job was to be Mom first and so Ella and I came home to rest. I was very sad to miss class, feeling like I had ruined my challenge only a week in. Then the most wonderful thing happened, my cheerleaders (friends) kicked in and reminded me that I've been doing great and my challenge is by no means over...it's called a double. The dreaded double, two classes in one day, maybe even back to back. How awesome is it to have a friend that will instantly offer to do a double with you because they believe in supporting your efforts and can add to their own personal yoga challenge at the same time? To have a friend offer to watch Ella, sickness and all, tonight or whenever I need to do my double, all because she's excited about my challenge. I am humbled by my friendships and I am reminded that more often than not, I am harder on myself than I need to be. I am so determined to finish this challenge but it is not the end of the world if something changes the plan slightly. 30 classes in 30 days, still an obtainable goal and in a way a double will be yet another way to indoctrinate me into the world of Bikram yoga. A challenge within a challenge...bring it on.

Tonight I say thanks to my cheerleaders. You have reminded me that although I'm always trying to take on everything by myself and not depend on anyone else, I couldn't do it without the support, kindness and encouragement of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment