Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 25: Interference

Being that my challenge was basically shot after my lengthy illness, I noticed that I am less inclined to make alternative arrangements to ensure I make it to class. I still want to finish strong and plan on doing a double this weekend, but when I knew I had a work training that would prevent me from making 4pm class today I didn't want to inconvenience anyone else trying to coordinate a babysitter for Ella so that I could go to 6pm. If I had felt like I wasn't asking a favor of someone to do so I definitely would have been at 6pm, especially knowing that tomorrow I have chosen to get my hair done rather than make 4pm class. So I have elected to take today and tomorrow off and return to yoga on Thursday.

Tonight I counted my total classes over the past 25 days, disheartening. 12 classes, that's it. What I am trying to keep sight of is that I will still get another 4-6 classes in before the end of the month, bringing me to a grand total of 16-18 classes in 30 days...with a bout of bronchitis in the middle. That sounds a little better. Challenges are tough for a reason, if it was easy it wouldn't be called a "challenge." There is absolutely a million various interferences that can come up in our daily lives. I think as long as I keep sight of my overall goal: continued yoga practice at least 4 times per week, the lifestyle change and acknowledging my accomplishment and the health benefits...the total numbers for this challenge become less significant. What does provide meaning in my life is the experience of this challenge and how each practice has had practical application in my life outside of the hot room. Keep up the good work Lex (self-encouragement is a good thing) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment