Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 20: Transforming

Today I broke down and made an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow morning, my congestion is simply not getting any better. The only thing that seems to help is yoga, but then it's right back as soon as I walk out of class. So after my difficulties breathing in practice yesterday, I was curious how tonight would go...but I guess I'm always curious how the next class will go. Part of it is the anticipation of my next subtle breakthrough, the natural progression of my practice...but also part of my underlying disbelief that I can make it through those 90 minutes each time.

Can I just say for the record, I love taking class from Carrie! Her pep really allows me to dig in to my practice and especially keeps me motivated towards the end of class. I feel like some of my best practices have been in her classes, tonight was no exception. My breathing challenges of yesterday, no trace of them tonight. Practice seemed to flow much better, I was stronger and more confident. Being mindful of my where my body was at today (still being under the weather) I was pleased at how much I was able to push myself without feeling overly strained. My favorite part of practice was Camel. There's something so exhilarating about going into Camel feeling like your either going to throw up or pass out and coming out of the full expression of the posture, laying in Savasana and feeling the rush of blood through your entire body in the most pleasing way. Like having an ice cold lavender towel on your face at the end of 90 minutes in 110 degree heat with 50% humidity.

As I write at this moment, I am exhausted yet again, but for hours after class tonight I was invigorated with energy and happiness. Maybe my life has been transformed by hot yoga...

No comments:

Post a Comment